Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Daisy Jones and the Six [ Spoiler Free ] Review

Daisy Jones & The SixTitle: Daisy Jones & The Six
Author: Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 4.5/5 stars
Date Read: 5/21/19


I read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo earlier this year and loved it and I heard such good things about Daisy Jones that I had to pick it up. Even though I did not enjoy this one as much as Evelyn Hugo, I still loved it so much!

This book is not written in a traditional format. It is written in more of a conversation format sort of like an interview style and it took me a few chapters to adjust to the writing style and figure out what was going on. Once I understood it though, I was hooked and I absolutely fell in love with the characters and the story.

This book follows a famous band from the 1960's-70's who had 1 hit album then broke up and no one knew why. In the book, the band comes back together in the future to explain what happened. How they got together, what was going on during the peak of their career and they big why they broke up.

I will say this book has a heavy trigger warning for drug and alcohol abuse so please be aware of that before going into this book.

I literally love this book so much and it is one of my favorite reads of the year. I do want to reread it on audio book even though I usually hate audio books but I heard it was really good and since I already read it I do not have to worry about spacing out while reading!

Please read this book if you are in the right head space to read it. It is so good! The characters are amazing and the story is amazing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment