Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Pivot Point (Spoiler Free) review

Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)Title: Pivot Point
Author: Kasie West
Series: Pivot Point #1
My rating: 3/5 stars
Date Read: 4/24/18

I read several other Kasie West books before and I really enjoyed most of them and I did like half of this one. Kasie West is known for cute contemporary books. This book though is slightly different from her others.

This book takes place where the people with powers live in the compound. No one knows that they have powers and they are basically isolated from the rest of the world but not really at the same time. They can leave they just have to promise they are not going to tell any outsiders that they have these abilities. Our main character Addie has some sort of clairvoyant power. Her parents are getting a divorce. She can either stay in the compound with her mother or move to the outside with the norm people (normal people with no abilities) with her dad. She looks into the future and this story shows her the outcome of both situations to help her choose. The chapters alternate one where she stays and the other when she leaves.

I really liked the story when she left the compound so much more than when she stayed. I liked the characters more and I liked the story more. I did not hate the other story, I just did not care that much about Duke and Addie in this reality.

This is a duology and I am definitely continuing on with it. I am excited to see what happens to Addie next. The thing I love about Kasie West's book is that they are so addicting. This book is no exception to that.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. This book sounds very interesting. Reminds me of the "pick your own story" books that I read way back then.

    Elle Inked @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete