Saturday, September 8, 2018

Daughter of the Pirate King (Spoiler Free) Review

Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)Title: Daughter of the Pirate King
Author: Tricia Levenseller
Series: Daughter of the Pirate King #1
My rating: 4/5 stars
Date Read: 8/09/18

It has been forever since I read a book because I wanted to and not because school said I should and I think that is the reason why I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would originally.

I first heard about Daughter of the Pirate King around it's release date and nothing much after that. I do still see the book pop up on my Instagram feed once in awhile. Going into the book I knew nothing about it other than the main character was the daughter of the pirate king and was probably a pirate. When I started the book I was surprisingly hooked from very early on in the book.

In this story we follow Alosa who is the daughter of the pirate king and is sent to look for this legendary map and in order to do so she has to get herself captured by her enemies to get an opportunity to search their ship.

I really liked the main character Alosa and how strong she is physically and mentally. She is a character you do not want to mess with ever. I thought the author did a good job on the main characters character development. I also found myself liking some of the side characters in this book as well. As for the love interest, you immediately know who it is from the beginning and I did not hate him but he was not my favorite character. I will say this book is not instalovey as well.

I wanted a bit more world building in the story about the places outside the ship but we did get some world building to understand the world but I wanted more.

The writing was good and at times I would say the book is sort of funny but it was not laugh out loud funny but it still made me smile. The writing style went well with the story making my experience reading it a lot more enjoyable.

I will say that I did predict some things that happened in this book but it was also unique in the sense that it is a pirate book and I rarely read books with pirates in it. I will be continuing on with this duology. Overall this was a fun read. It had a lot of action and I was never really bored when reading. This book is also slightly over 300 pages making it the perfect book to read during a readathon. If you are in a reading slump I would also give this book a chance because it was just fun. I do recommend this book and it is definitely and under hyped read!

View all my reviews

1 comment: