Saturday, May 18, 2019

Avengers Book Tag

Hello everyone! Today's post is one that I am so excited to write mainly because Avenger's Endgame recently came out and it was amazing! No spoilers here. All I am going to say was that I watched it Saturday the 27th, did not get spoiled for it at all and loved it!

If you could not tell, I mean you probably already know because the title of the post, but I am doing the Avenger's Book tag! This tag was created by Kristen from the YouTube Channel Super Space Chick who also happens to be one of my favorite booktubers. I highly recommend you check out her channel.

Geekerella (Once Upon a Con, #1)1) Iron Man / Tony Stark -  A book that made you laugh out loud
I am a pretty emotionless reader. I never cry while reading and I never really laugh out loud but I found myself smiling ear to ear while reading the book Geekerella by Ashley Poston. I am not sure if I laughed at all but I do know I smiled a lot while reading this book. Geekerella is a modern day Cinderella retelling with fandoms. It is perfect read for fangirls and boys. I do highly recommend this book especially if you are looking for a book that will make you smile.



George2) Captain America / Steve Rogers - A book that sends a positive message
A book with a positive message is George by Alex Gino. This book is a middle grade following a trans main character. It is a book that teaches little kids to be more accepting of the trans and LGBTQ+ community in general. I feel like one of the messages of this book is accepting people's differences and that we should no treat someone differently just because of what they identify with and that is such a positive message in my opinion.


Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) 3) Black Widow / Natasha Romanov - A book with a kick butt female protagonist
There are so many kick butt female characters in books these days so I thought I would share one that I find underrated. For this question I am choosing Alosa from the book Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. This is a pirate book following the daughter of the pirate king. She is sent on a mission to another part of a treasure map from another pirate lord, the map when completed leads to the big treasure. Also gets herself purposely kidnapped to try to get the map. There is also a slow burn hate to love romance in this book that I absolutely loved and quite honestly I do not care or like most romances I read in books these days.


Everless (Everless, #1) 4) Hawkeye / Clint Barton - An underrated book you wish more people would pay attention to
For this one I am going with a book that I read quite recently (at least when I am writing this) and that is Everless by Sara Holland. I do not hear many people talk about this book and I absolutely loved it! This book takes place in a world when time is currency. That is all I think you should know going into this book as I do think the less you know about the book going into it the more likely you are to enjoy it. This is also a duology and both books are out! I still need to read the sequel and I do hope to get to it soon!


Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)
5) Hulk / Bruce Banner - A book that made you incredibly angry
A book that made me angry would have to be Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I wanted to love this book so badly. I thought I was going to love this book. It is incredibly hyped and it ended up being one of my most disappointing reads of all time. I was so bored while reading the book and felt like nothing happened when reading. I found myself not caring for the characters. Even though I was so frustrated while reading this book I continued on hoping it would get better. I have tried the audiobook for a reread in hopes I would enjoy the book more (even though I am not an audiobook fan) and DNFed it. I just cannot push though the book.


The Hate U Give 6) Thor - A book with a character who's strength you admired
For this question I will be going with Starr Carter from the Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I will admit that I did not love he Hate U Give as much as everyone else. The writing style did not click with me that well and did effect my enjoyment of the book a little negatively. But one thing I loved about the book was the main character. She is such a strong person and he situation she is in is something that no one should be in. The way she stands up for her beliefs and grows as a character is amazing and I do think she is one of the strongest YA characters that I have read about in a long time.


Two Can Keep a Secret 7) BONUS: Loki - A book with a twist or surprise that tricked you 
Because I am such an avid reader, I have become quite good at predicting endings of books but an ending that I did not predict was the one in the book Two can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus. This book is a YA mystery that takes place in a small town. Yep a small town mystery. I will say the less you know about going into the book, the more you will probably enjoy it because it is a mystery and it is more fun piecing together the puzzle yourself and seeing everything unfold before you. But I will say that I was surprised by the ending and did not see it coming at all.


And that is the Avengers Book Tag! I had so much fun writing this! I am not tagging anyone to do this tag but still feel free to do it if you want to! Thank you so much for reading and I hope to see you in my next post!

1 comment: