Monday, May 6, 2019

City of Ghosts [ Spoiler Free ] Review

City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)Title: City of Ghosts
Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: Cassidy Blake #1
My rating: 4/5 stars
Date Read: 3/6/19

Victoria / VE Schwab is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite authors. All of her books I have read so far I have really enjoyed and City of Ghosts is no exception.

City of Ghosts is a middle grade novel following a girl name Cassidy Blake who can see ghosts. Her best friend is also a ghost. When Cassidy's parents get a job hosting a TV show about the most haunted places in the world she travels with them to Scotland. Cass finds herselfsurrounded by ghosts, not all of them friendly.

This book is so good and not scary for my scaredy cat friends. I personally get scared easily and was not scared at all when reading. It is a middle grade so I was expecting that. If you are wondering what to read for Halloween I would recommend this book because the main theme surrounding this book is ghosts and creepy old places and that gives off a lot of Halloween vibes.

Since this book is short (under 300 pages) it is perfect for those in a reading slump or for people who do not have a lot of time for reading.

I really liked the characters and I enjoyed reading about the friendship between Jacob (Cassidy's ghost best friend) and Cassidy. They were great friends to one another and it was refreshing to read a book that focused on friendship and had no romance.

I do not think I ever read a book set in Scotland before and reading this book, I learns a little about the Scottish culture and the different places. It made me want to take a vacation to Scotland.

My only complaint about this book was that the beginning was a bit slow and it took me awhile to get into the book. But once I was hooked, I flew through the rest of the book. Overall I highly recommend this and I cannot wait for the sequel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment