Monday, November 11, 2019

Sorcery of Thorns ( Spoiler Free ) Review

Sorcery of ThornsTitle: Sorcery of Thorns
Author: Margaret Rogerson
My rating: 5/5 stars
Date Read: 9/11/19

Sorcery of Thorns is a book I heard many great things about and was very excited to read it despite not liking the author's debut book An Enchantment of Ravens. I do recommend that you give this book a chance even if you were not a fan of An Enchantment of Ravens because I also saw many reviews that felt the same way as I did.

This book follows a girl name Elisabeth who has grown up in one of the great libraries. After being in the wrong place at the wrong time, Elisabeth is blamed for a crime that she did not commit and as a result will eventually have to team up with a Sorcerer despite the fact that she has been raised to believe that they are bad.

I really enjoyed this book so much more than I did. I was hooked around thirty pages into the book and pretty much flew through it. Sorcery of Thorns is a standalone fantasy book so it is absolutely perfect for fantasy lovers who do not want to commit to a new fantasy series.

I used to say I am not a fan of romances in books (especially in fantasy) but lately I am finding myself enjoying a lot of the ones I read recently including this one. Honestly it is one of my favorites that I have read. I really liked the love interest and he is probably my second favorite character behind Silas who is his demon servant.

The world was great and the characters were great although I am not going to lie, Elisabeth was sometimes annoying because of some of her actions but overall really enjoyed it and I found myself reading a lot later into the night then I should have been.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment