Sunday, January 7, 2018

Before She Ignites Review

Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)Title: Before She Ignites
Author: Jodi Meadows
Series: Fallen Isles Trilogy #1
My rating: 3.5/5 stars
Date Read: 12/26/17


When I first heard of Before She Ignites I knew had to read this book. A fantasy book with dragons and a main character with anxiety sign me up. One thing I did like about this book is that the main character Mira's anxiety was present throughout the entire book. It didn't just go away. She also takes medication to help with her anxiety with is also mentioned though out the story.

Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer and she knows she is special. Very unoriginal I know but the story is still good trust me the pros outweigh the cons. When Mira discovered a secret that challenges the things that the treaty she was named after stands for, she is thrust into the pit as a prisoner.

I will admit the first half of the book is very slow and boring. Nothing happened. It was constant talk and it was very boring but the second half of the book was so good which is why I rated it 3.5 stars and not 4.5 like I would of if the beginning was good. This book is very political heavy as well so if you like political fantasy's you will probably love this book.

I wish dragons played a bigger role in this book. Yes they are important but there were not a lot of dragons in the book. I think we will see the dragons more in the future books and I am excited to see what happens next. Overall I do recommend this book. Just remember to push through the first half because it is very slow.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment