Friday, July 27, 2018

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag (2018)

Today I will be doing the Mid- Year Book Freak Out Tag again. It is had to believe the year is halfway over already. I know this post is a bit late but I have had a busy July because of traveling and I caught a cold but I am better. I was not tagged by anyone to do this but it seems fun so I am doing it. I am not tagging anyone but if you want to do it feel free too.
Original creators:


1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015. 
Renegades by Marissa Meyer is 100% the best book I read so far this year. I love the characters and the story line and I just love everything about this book.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. I did really enjoy this book and yes I finally read it this year. It is my least favorite in the series but I have not been reading a lot of sequels or books in general this year so my list right now is quite small but I did read this one recently and really enjoyed it. 

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Everyone has been talking about her book and she was on the Tonight Show but I do not have the time to read it right now. I know I will love it too so that could be the reason why I am procrastinating a bit. 

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
QUEEN OF AIR AND DARKNESS by Cassandra Clare. Hello!! If you follow me on Instagram you know I love the shadowhunters series (not the show) and currently rereading all of the shadowhunter related books. Yes I am very behind on my reread. Shhhhhh.

5. Biggest disappointment.
Wintersong by S. Jae Jones. When I first heard about the book, I thought I would of loved it and I did love part of the first half but the rest of the book just was not for me. 

6. Biggest surprise.
The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X. R. Pan. I did not expect this book to become one of my favorites. I thought this book was amazing and I am also half Taiwanese and the main character is also half Taiwanese and it was accurate representation. Although I am not half white like she is, I still related to some of the things she goes through.

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Emily X. R. Pan. Her book is now one of my all time favorites.

8. Newest fictional crush.
Adrian from Renegades. He is awesome!

9. Newest favourite character.
Nova from Renegades. She is also amazing!

10. Book that made you cry.
Um None. I rarely cry reading books. In Order to live by Yeomi Park is very sad though. It is an autobiography about Park's journey escaping North Korea.  

11. Book that made you happy.
Click'd by Tamara Ireland Stone. It was a cute middle grade novel that I really enjoyed.

12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year. 
Only saw one. Love, Simon. I did really like the movie though as well as the book and would recommend both. 

13. Favourite review you've written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
Hmmmmm. I have no idea. Maybe my review of Clockwork Angel?

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
Either my copy of the translated version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone in Chinese or Crystal Storms by Morgan Rhodes. I should also mention I did only buy 1 book and received 1 book this year.

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Children of Blood and Bone again. The hype is real for this book and I know I love a good fantasy. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to read Renegades next month (I'm so excited), glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete