Monday, April 10, 2017

This Is What Happy Looks Like Review

This Is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like, #1)This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
My rating: 3/5 stars
Date Read: 4/9/17

I recently got out of a reading slum and I can feel another one coming. I decided to pick up a cheesy quick read and this is the book I needed at the moment because I no longer feel the slump coming.

This Is What Happy Looks Like starts off when Graham Larkin accidentally sends an email about his pet pig Wilbur to the wrong person being Ellie O'Neil. They start talking through Email however, their names are never mentioned to the other person. Graham is a really famous actor and is playing a part that is being filmed in Maine where Ellie lives. Ellie however wants to avoid the cameras and the life of a star.

This was a really fast read and perfect for reading slumps so I will be reading the authors other books when I feel a slump coming. I will say though I did find some problem. I really liked the beginning of the book. It was interesting and I wanted to know what happens next. As the story progressed I started to loose a bit of interest. Ellie has a secret which we learn about really fast and when it was revealed it was like okay we knew it for awhile and it was not a surprise. I found the pacing a bit odd. This book takes place throughout one month. The first few days took up a huge chunk of the book and the last three days took up another huge chunk of the book and the middle of the month was shoved in the middle of the book, but I felt like it would of been okay if it was a bit more developed.

This book is written in first person. We follow the point of view of the two main characters, Ellie and Graham. I personally like Ellie's POV better. I feel like I liked Ellie better than Graham in general. I cannot pin point why. I just did.

Overall I do recommend this. It is cute and a quick read and again perfect for a reading slump.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment