Friday, June 9, 2017

Frostbite Review

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)Title: Frostbite 
Author:Richelle Mead
My rating: 3/5 stars
Date Read: 6/2/17


I picked this book up because the first book was one of the books that helped me get out of my reading slump. I just finished Lord of Shadows and can already feel another one coming. I did enjoy this book but not as much as the first one. I series is one of my new guilty pleasures.

Frostbite is the second book in the Vampire Academy series. It continues where the first book left off. This book is still told in first person and Rose is still our narrator.

I highly recommend this book if you are in a reading slump. The writing is very easy to follow and read and not annoying at the same time. The story is so addicting as well. I find myself hating the characters sometimes and also sometimes hating the direction the book is taking but it is still so addictive and makes me want to know what happens next. I will say these books are really short so it can easily be finished in a short period of time.

I did not see that much character development in this book however I did see some. Rose is still a strong main character and we do see her learn some new lessons that are really important.

Christian is still my favourtie character. There is just something about him that I really like and I cannot put my finger on it.

Mia is another character I learned to like a little in this book. I still am not her biggest fan but I no longer hate her. I won't be saying why due to spoilers.

I felt like we hardly saw Lissa in this book. We see her occasionally but she honestly felt more like a secondary character than a main character.

We meet Adrian at last. Honestly at the moment I hate him. I found him creepy and I think I like Mia more?! There is something about him that makes me not trust him as well. I feel like he will play a major role in the future books.

The world building is stronger than the character development in my opinion. This is a world that is very easy to understand. Everything is clearly explained and I really that.

Overall it was a solid read and I do recommend this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment