Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summer Reader Book Tag

Hello, today I will be doing the summer reader book tag. This tag was created by  islandOFdri Since summer is here or coming, depends on when I post it, I feel like it is time to start doing some summery posts. Let's begin
.
Lemonade: pick a book that started off bitter but got better.
For this one I will have to go with Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. I wasn't a huge fan of the first half and honestly wanted to DNF it. As the story continued though it got so much better. If you didn't catch on yet, this is a Jack the Ripper retelling.

Golden Sun: pick a book that made you smile beyond compare.
A book that made me smile will have to be Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. It is such a fun and cute contemporary novel. I found myself smiling when reading it. It is a perfect summer read so I do highly recommend it.

Tropical Flowers: pick a book set in a foreign country.
For this question I am going with Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare or all the Infernal Devices books because they all take place in London which works for this question because I live in the U.S. I absolutely love this trilogy more than TMI and it maybe more the TDA. I really like TDA as well so it is hard to choose! Anyway I do recommend this trilogy and it makes me want to travel to London.

Tree Shade: pick a book in which a mysterious or shady character was first introduced. 
For this one I am going with Sebastian Verlac for City of Glass Cassandra. I felt like he was hiding something I just could not tell what.

Beach Sand: pick a book that was grainy, and the plot barely developed.
I have to choose Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. I did enjoy the book, it just took me a long time to figure out what the plot was and still after finishing the book I am not sure what the plot is. I can guess but I am not sure if it is right. The characters were really good though so I did end up giving it three stars even though it lacked plot a lot.

Green Grass: pick a character(s) that were full of life, making you smile.
Without a doubt I am choosing Harry Potter and his squad for this question. I absolutely love the Harry Potter series and currently am watching the Chamber of Secrets while typing this. I smile every time I reread the books and see my favourite characters. They are just so happy and full of life.

Watermelon: pick a book that had some juicy secrets.
I am going with Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. Yes I am choosing another Cassie Clare book and am currently reading Lord of Shadows at the moment which is probably having a big influence on what I am choosing. All the characters have so many secrets it's insane and I won't say what the secrets are but they have secrets.

Sun Hat: pick a book that had a vast, big universe/setting.
The world of Mytica from the Falling Kingdoms series is huge. This is written my Morgan Rhodes. In the first book the universe seems small but as the books go on we start to explore more of the world and it is huge and I can't wait to see more of it in the future books.

BBQ: pick a book in which a character was portrayed as a hunk.
LOL honestly I am not a huge fan of those characters. I guess Rowan from TOG series by Sarah J. Maas. I hate him but I guess he work for this question. I just don't like him but I know a lot of people do.

Summer Fun: pass the tag on.
This tag is old so I tag you if you want to do it!

So that was the Summer Reader Book Tag! What books do you plan on reading this summer ? Let me know in the comments. Thank you for reading and I will hopefully see you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment