Sunday, June 18, 2017

That Summer Review

That SummerTitle: That Summer
Author: Sarah Dessen
My rating: 2.5/5 stars
Date Read: 6/4/17



This is definitely my least favourite Sarah Dessen book. I this book is or is one of her first books she has written so obviously she improved as a writer. This book is almost 200 pages long so if you are looking for a quick contemporary book I do recommend this.

This book is told in first person and we follow the main character Haven. Haven's father and mother are divorced and her father is remarrying. He works as a news sports person (you know what I am talking about) and is getting married to Lorna Queen who is the weather person or as they call her "Weather Pet" Her sister Ashley is getting married as well to a guy named Lewis Warsher and Haven finds him very boring.

This book is centered around weddings and you can tell by the summery I wrote above. If you haven't heard Sarah Dessen is coming out with a new book called Once and For All which also centers around weddings.

I found this book short. Like really short. Again only 200 pages.

Haven is the main character of this book and she feels very insecure about her height. She is 5'11" and is taller than most people in her town. If you are looking for a book with a very tall main character I do recommend this book.

There is a lot of family drama in this book. Well at least it seemed like a lot to me. They argued quite a lot but as a family I can still tell from reading that they loved and they all cared for each other.

Overall I thought this book was just Okay.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment