Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Unravel Me (Spoiler Free) Review

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #2
My rating: 4/5 stars
Date Read: 1/31/17

I am not going to lie, the main reason why I continued on with this series is because of Kenji. He still is my favorite character.

Unravel Me is the second book in the Shatter Me trilogy (not really a trilogy anymore) and it takes place after the events of the first book. We follow Juliette and her journey and blah blah blah. Can not say too much because it is a sequel BUT I can talk about non spoilery things below so lets do that instead.

In the first book I did not care about any of the characters but Kenji and that had kind of changed. Kenji is still my favorite and probably will be for the rest of the series but I am enjoying some of the other characters. I do not hate Juliette anymore and I care more about her now but I kind of care about her now.

Everyone says Warner is the best and he is fictional boyfriend material and I can start to see where they are coming from now. In the first book I did not like Warner at all, in fact I found him creepy. In this book we see more of Warner's other side and he seems human and less robotic. I think I am starting to like him. Still not on my fictional boyfriend list though. I kind of ship Warner and Juliette.

Adam. I still hate Adam. He is way to needy and way to overprotective in his and Juliette's relationship. I don't ship them and will probably never.

In this book we do see a glimpse of some of the characters pasts and I found them to be very interesting, like why they are who they are now.

Yes this book is predictable and yes some things in the story are way to convenient but I will be continuing and finishing the main part of the trilogy and am actually looking forward to the new release in this now series. Reading Shatter Me and now Unravel Me makes me realize that I do miss the dystopian genre a bit. It was the genre after all that got me into reading .

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment