Thursday, March 1, 2018

February Wrap-Up (2018)

Today I will be doing my February wrap-up and March TBR. In the month of February I read a total of 8 books. So far 2018 has been a very good reading year.


Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)The first book I read in the month of February is Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, which is the second book in the Shatter Me series. I enjoyed Unravel Me more than Shatter Me. The main reason I read this book is because of Kenji. Kenji was and still is my favorite character in this series so far. Warner though may be challenging him in the next book. In the first book I did not like him at all, but now, I like Warner a bit more. I still despise Adam and I am not the biggest fan of Juliette but I don't hate her. Overall really enjoyed this book and will be reading the last book hopefully soon. I gave it 4/5 stars.


The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)The next book I read was The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen which I gave 4/5 stars as well. This book has been on my GR TBR for awhile and I finally decided to pick it up and I loved it. It took me a little bit to become invested in the story but once I was hooked I was hooked. Yes I did manage to predict some things that happen in the story, but it did not really effect my overall enjoyment of the story. I really liked the characters and the world and I will be picking up the next book in the trilogy soon hopefully. This book is definitely under hyped and more people should read it.


A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)Another book I read in the month of February is A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. I did it guys. I finally read ACOWAR. Overall I did really enjoy it and I thought it was a solid conclusion. I really love this world and the characters and will be reading the other half of the trilogy series. I do not know what is going on with this series anymore. I do prefer ACOMAF over this book but I do like this one more than the first. Yep ACOTAR is my least favorite in the main trilogy. Also Nesta is amazing. I cannot believe I use to not like her. I totally ship her with Cassian. Also I like both Cassian and Azriel more than Rhysand. Sorry not sorry.


They Both Die at the EndThe next book I read was my school's book club pick and that is They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera. This book is sad. I did not cry but it was sad. In this book people now can figure out the day they are going to die the day they die. The person who is going to die receives a phone call from Death-Cast alerting them that they are going to die. Both of the main characters Mateo and Rufus get the call. I did enjoy Silvera's first book More Happy Than Not but I enjoyed They Both Die at the end so much more. It also reminded me a lot of The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon, so if you like that book you would also probably enjoy this one. 4/5 stars.


Love, Hate & Other Filters
Another book I read is Love, Hate, and Other Filters by Samira Ahmend. I love this book and gave it 4.5/5 stars. It deals with important topics like Islamophobia which is usually not mentioned in YA. The main character Maya is a Muslim Indian American and she is expected to be her parent's perfect child. She wants to go to film school in New York while her parents want her to stay local and go to a school close to home. If you like the Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, give this book a shot because both of them deal with very relevant and important topics in the world today.


Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)My next read was a reread and that is Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Naturally I love this reread and gave it a 5/5 stars. I am currently rereading all the shadowhunter books in preparation for the release of Queen of Air and Darkness. Yes I am already on my reread but hey at least I have started it. Because people constantly ask, yes you are suppose to read this series before reading the last three books of The Mortal Instruments. The Infernal Devices is my favorite out of all the Shadowhunter books. The Dark Artifices are catching up though so we shall see. Overall I love this world and love the characters especially.


Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
I actually never planned on reading this book but I needed a short fast read and it was available on overdrive and I heard good things about it and that book is Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. I gave this book 2/5 stars. I had many problems with it and I found so many of all the main characters actions annoying and some of them so obviously wrong yet they still do it. I am curious to see who A is though and I may give the second book a chance if I need something quick to read. The series is also 16 books long so will I continue. I have no clue. 



The Darkest Part of the ForestThe last and final book I read in the month of February is The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. I started this book a few years ago but put it down because I was not in the mood to read it. I was planning on reading The Cruel Prince and wanted to read this book first and am so glad I gave it another chance because I really liked it. I did find the main character annoying and did not like her much. I think it is because of some her actions but to be honest I have no clue. I love the world the most though and I am excited to read her other books.


That is my February Wrap-Up. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment