Monday, February 20, 2017

Ever the Hunted Review

Title: Ever the Hunted
Author: Erin Summerill
Date Read: 2/20/17
Rating: DNF pg 91

Let's just start of by saying the cover is gorgeous. It is the main reason why I picked it up. I will be picking up Summerills other works in the future outside of this series. This book is just not for me. I am pretty sure other people will enjoy this book a lot.

Okay and this book is also blurbed my Sarah J. Maas. My expectations were pretty high because of it which may have an effect of how much I enjoyed the book. 

Ever the Hunted is about a girl named Britta. Her father was murdered and her mother was a traitor. She tries to survive. One day she is caught poaching on the kings land. Instead of being killed she has a choice of hunting down the murderer of her father, except the murderer is Cohen, her only friend and a person she has feelings for.  

I thought the plot like was a bit cheesy and some of the things that happen to me were not really realistic.

The characters. I did not care for any of them. Maybe it is just me, please tell me it is not just me. I did not like Britta one bit. Her decision around where I stopped were, in my opinion, stupid. I hated all of them basically.

I think the world building could be better, however I did stop at page 91 so I won't really judge it.

I enjoyed the writing so I will probably read her other books outside this series. This one is just not for me.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in my next post for those non spoiler people.



***Spoilers*** 

Lets begin with the part when she sees Cohen again. She believes him. The first thing she did was hug him?! Did I read it right. Please let me know in the comments. I just did not find that believable. Basically that is where I stopped. 

Thank you for reading this post and I will hopefully see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment