Friday, February 17, 2017

Lady Midnight Review




Title: Lady Midnight
Author: Cassandra Clare
Rating: 5/5 stars

Okay, I have a lot to say about this book so I am going to have two parts. Part one is the non spoiler section and part 2 is the spoiler section and I will make sure you know clearly when the section changes.

***Part I (No spoilers)***
Lady Midnight is SO good and I absolutely love it. Heads up though, if you haven't read The Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices you probably should before you read this book because of spoilers. Just read the series in the order they are published in.

First off, I am so happy to be back into the shadowhunter world.

This book takes place in Los Angeles. We follow the main character Emma Carstairs as well as other character throughout the book. I love all the characters however so I really didn't care who we were following at the moment.

My only complaint about Cassandra Clare's books is that the chapters are freaking long and sometimes I end up only reading half a chapter before having to go somewhere.

Keep in mind that this book is long. It is so good however I kind of just want more Cassandra Clare book right now. (Thank god I haven't read the Bane Chronicles yet.)

For some reason too, I found some parts quite funny which I would go into more detail in the spoiler section.

Also I never had to wait so LONG for a sequel before!

***Part II (SPOILERS)***

 So continuing along the route of funny things, I found it hilarious for some reason when Emma calls Diego "Perfect Diego" all the time.

Speaking of funny moments, this book also has its sad moments. At the end when we learn that Malcolm Fade was the betrayer and then we learn Dru left Tavvy with Malcolm, I was like crap is going to happen.

In the epilogue when it said Annabel woke up, the first thing I thought was that Helen was dead. Blackthorn blood, it made sense. I don't know what to think and I want the next book soon.

Okay and for those of you who do not know, Jem Carstairs is one of my all time favorite characters. When he talked to Emma about the whole thing, everything just made sense about Julian's rune and more.

Overall I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment