Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Reading Slump Recommendations- Top 5 Wednesdays

Hi and welcome to my first recommendations post. This topic is part of the Top 5 Wednesdays. Top 5 Wednesdays was created by Lainey over at gingerreadslainey and is now hosted by Sam or at ThoughtsOnTomes.

1) The first book I have to recommend is a middle grade series which is the Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. All the books are extremely short and easy to get into and you will help you feel accomplished that you finished a book. The first book is the Seeing Stone. It follows a family that moves into their Aunt Lucinda's house. The family has three children, Mallory, and the twins Simon and Jared. None of them expect what the house it and it is full of surprised. I really enjoyed these books and it did help me get out of a slump. 

2) The next book I have recommend is a recent read for me. The Selection by Keira Cass. Again, this book is short. This book is so frustrating but so addicting. I wasn't a fan of the main character and found her annoying so if you don't like a frustrating book stear clear from this book. The Selection is about a girl named America Singer and she lives in a world where every class is distinguished by a number. A one meaning the Royal family and an eight meaning you were poor and struggling to survive. The Prince Maxon is hosting a selection (sort of like the Bachelor) and America puts her name in not expecting to be one of the 35 girls to be selected for the selection. If you like the Bachelor you probably would love this book. I am currently reading the second book, The Elite.

3) Okay this one is and Author. Kasie West. I read 2 of her books, On the Fence and The Fill in Boyfriend. Her books are cheesy romances but not sexy times romance. I feel like it is best to go into these cheesy books blind so I will leave this part here but it is cheesy and I haven't read any of her other books so I don't know if they are good. I believe I rated both of these 3/5 stars but cheesy books do help a lot in a reading slump.

4) The next one is also a middle grade series, which is The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan. The first book being the lightning thief. It is based on Greek mythology. Percy discovers that he is the son of Poseidon and leans that Zeus thinks he stole his lightning bolt. He goes on a quest to find the lightning bolt to return to him. I really enjoyed this book and it is funny so if you are looking for something easy to read and funny, this book and the entire series is perfect for you. As I mentioned before it is a middle grade novel so it should be a quick read.

5) The last book is of course the one and only The Harry Potter series. The first one being Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Do I have to explain what it is about? I am pretty sure all of you know what it is about. Just a warning though, it will pull you out of a slump and put you in one again.

Thank you for reading my first recommendations post and I will hopefully see you in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment