Sunday, February 26, 2017

The One Review

[Photo will be Insert later]

Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Read: 2/25/17
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

The One by Kiera Cass is the third book in the Selection series and is the final book telling America Singer's story as the next two talk about her daughter.

If you don't know this book is a dystopian novel. It takes place in a world that every class is represented by a number. If you are poor your number ins a higher number. So the ones, twos, and threes, are wealthy and every other number is not good. The main character America Singer is a five. 

In The Selection the royal family is hosting a selection for their son Prince Maxon. America puts her name in the selection and to her surprise she is becomes one of the 35 contestant. It is sort of like the bachelor. 

I found the ending very predictable and I managed to figure it out in the first book. It was very obvious who America was going to end up with. Again I feel like the love triangle is forced and unrealistic. 

I still find the main character America Singer annoying again. I wanted to like her in at least one book, but it didn't really happen. I did not agree with most of the decisions that America made. I still was not a huge fan of Aspen, but I liked him more than the other two books. I started to like Maxon more as well but he is a very complicated character. 

I can't say much because it is a sequel so I will say this series is a guilty pleasure for me. I highly recommend you marathon the first three books at least. It is a perfect series to read if you are in a reading slump.  

No comments:

Post a Comment