Monday, March 27, 2017

Anna and the French Kiss Review

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 3.5 or 4/5 stars still deciding
Date Read: 3/26/17

I feel like I am one of the only people who hasn't read Anna and the French Kiss yet. I did it. I finally read it. It was a really enjoyable and cute.

We follow a girl named Anna and her father sends her away to SOAP (School of America in Paris). Anna goes to Paris and she is not enthusiastic about it. In the beginning of the story she meets a group of people Meredith, Rishmi, Josh, and Etienne (St. Clair).

I thought this book was cute. It is a fluffy read and I would recommend it to people in a reading slump. However this book is not for all people. If you are not a fan of contemporary I am not sure if you will like this book. Just a fair warning.

Anna does make a HP reference in the beginning of the story and it made me fangirl.

My favourite character is probably not one of the popular characters. Rishmi. There is something about her that I love. I can't pin point what it is. She seems realistic and she is super smart. Etienne is a funny character I will admit. Unpopular opinion, he is not my favourite character. I started to find Etienne annoying at some parts of the book. Anna. Anna is a character I am not sure how I feel about. I really found her irritating at times to be honest. I found some of her actions making me cringe as well. Can't say too much due to spoilers.

This book does have its cheesy moments too.

If you don't know French Google Translate can be handy. They only say a few words in French but it helps with pronunciation.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and if you are a contemporary lover, you will LOVE this book. I do plan on finishing the series one day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment