Monday, March 13, 2017

If I Was Your Girl Review


Book: If I Was Your Girl
Author: Meredith Russo
Date Read: 3/10/17
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

If I was your girl is a very important book and I think that everyone should read it. I feel like it would be better off read by teens+ because of some things that happen and younger people may not understand. If you are younger try reading George by Alex Gino.

This book follows a trans girl named Amanda. She moved in with her dad after her transformation to pass her Senior year. She wants to hide and stay away from people, then she meets Grant. Amanda grows close to him and wants to tell him everything including her past. She however does not want to tell him that she was born a he.

I had a few problems with the pacing of the book at times. Some of it was rushed others was dragged out a bit. And the romance. I wasn't a fan of the romance. I know it is an important part of the book, but I just found it as insa-love.

Over all I really liked most of the characters. I loved the flashbacks and I really enjoying seeing Amanda's past. Everything that Amanda is going through seems realistic and believable. I highly recommend this book and hopefully this book will open up other peoples minds and teach them to accept trans people.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment