Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Court of Thorns and Roses Review

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses 
Author: Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 4/5 stars
Date Read: 5/15/17



I have finally read ACOTAR. I am marathoning the first three books.

I really enjoyed this book. It is not my favourite Sarah J. Maas book, but I did enjoy it. I found the beginning slow and quite boring to be honest. As the story progressed however, it got so much better and I ended up not being able to put it down.

I am not going to describe this book because honestly the goodreads summery does a really good job at describing it so if you want a summery click the title above.

The question I am sure that you have is team Tamlin or Rhysand. Honestly I am not going to lie I am not a huge fan of Tamlin. Everyone likes him in the first book but I only found him okay. I have also finally met the famous Rhysand and Rhysand was also okay. He wasn't the most amazing character I have ever read and I feel like I would like him more once I read ACOMAF. Right now at the moment I don't care who Feyre ends up with. I am leaning more towards Tamlin to be honest, but I HAVE ONLY READ THE FIRST BOOK AND MY OPINION MAY CHANGE.

I really enjoyed this book and I absolutely love the world that Sarah J. Maas has created. The way she develops the world is phenomenal and I need more of it. Thank god I don't have to wait to read ACOMAF.

I enjoyed the characters and as I said before I don't really care at the moment who Feyre ends up with at the moment. I thought Tamlin was okay in the beginning but towards the end of the story, I did not really like him but I don't hate him as much as others do. Rhysand was okay as well. I feel like he needs some more character development. Feyre was a strong female character and the story is told from her point of view. I really enjoyed her as a character.

My favourite character is Lucien. I don't know why to be honest, I just really enjoy him as a character and I can't wait to see him in the next book.

Overall I really enjoyed the book and I can't wait to continue on with this series!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. you will be surprised in the second book...it's even better than the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read it actually. I finished this awhile ago I just didn't post it till now! I do agree though that ACOMAF is better than ACOTAR.

      Delete