Friday, May 5, 2017

The Iron King Review

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 2.5/5 stars
Date Read: 4/28/17

I am not going to lie I was disappointed by this book. I did not care for any of the character and I absolutely hated the love triangle. I wanted to love it but I just wasn't invested in the story.

This book follows a girl named Meghan Chase and has to do with Faeries. That is all you have to know going into this book. I don't want to say to much because knowing too much about it ruined some of my enjoyment for the book. Not the books fault on that part.

I did enjoy some parts of the book. It was interesting and had me hooked halfway through. After that point though it just kept going downhill. I just didn't like like the direction the story took. It was very predictable to me. All my predictions were right and I wish some of my predictions were wrong to make the story a bit more interesting.

The writing was not bad. It wasn't amazing but it did not bother me. It is told in first person and we follow the point of view of Meghan. Meghan was annoying at times. I honestly did not care much about any of the characters. I think all the characters can be developed better.

I love the world of Nevernever. The world development in my opinion is much better than the character development. I still think the world building could of been better but it was pretty good overall. I understood the world and the concepts of Nevernever easily.

I absolutely HATED the love triangle. I already sensed it in the beginning of the story when we were introduced to love interest number two. I don't ship the character with any of the guys. I just wish that the author kept it Romance free because I also felt like her relationship with one of them is rushed.

I will give book two a chance because I heard this series gets better. Overall I would recommend it if you like faeries in books. Just be aware that it is very predictable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment