Monday, March 5, 2018

The False Prince (Spoiler Free) Review

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy #1)
Title: The False Prince 
Series: The Ascendance Trilogy #1
My rating: 4 /5 stars
Date Read: 2/4/18


The False Prince has been on my GR TBR or awhile and I finally decided to read it and am so glad I did because it is amazing and definitely more people should read it.

In this book there is a nobleman who recruits four orphans to potentially pretend the king's long lost child Prince Jaron. In a way they have to compete for the role. The main character Sage is one of the boys that Conner chooses and he follow his point of view.

Sage is a character that in a way is reckless. He speaks his mind constantly not thinking before he speaks and acts and definitely not thinking about the consequences and I actually enjoyed that about him although sometimes I find myself annoyed at him too.

I enjoyed the story line of the book and the way it was executed. I thought this is a very solid first book in a trilogy and the other books have lots of potential. The first 60 pages were very boring and I wanted to DNF it but I pushed myself and I am glad I did. I understand in a fantasy book, especially the first one, to develop the world and in some books, a magic system. Sorry no magic in this book.

I enjoyed the writing style. The writing flowed well and worked for the story, not being over descriptive while giving you enough information to visualize the setting and the characters.

The False Prince is a short fantasy, about 350 pages. It was nice to read a short fantasy book since so many of them *cough*ACOMAF, QoS, The Name of the Wind*cough* are so long. It was refreshing.

I am the type of person when reading who tries to predict what is going to happen in books. When I just started getting into reading, I sucked. Now I am predicting the ending of lots of books and sometimes it is not a bad thing. I did find the ending of this book predictable and I did predict the ending towards the beginning of the story but I still love this book.

If you are a reader that usually reads fantasy books you probably be able to predict things that happen but I still would recommend this book. Definitely a read that makes it to my under hyped recommendations list.

No comments:

Post a Comment