Sunday, August 27, 2017

A Darker Shade of Magic Review

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)Title: A Darker Shade of Magic
Author: V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 / 5 stars
Date Read: 8/11/17

This book is going to be in my top ten reads of 2017 and it also made it into my all time favourite books list. I will admit that I was a bit confused in the beginning of the story but it didn't take me long to figure out how the word and magic system worked.

In A Darker Shade of Magic there are parallel worlds. We have Grey London, White London, Red London, and Black London. The main character Kell is an Antari which means he is able to travel between parallel worlds.

I really like the characters in this book. We have two main character is A Darker Shade of Magic. Kell the antari and Delilah or Lila. This book is told in first person and we follow both of their point of views. A few other minor point of views are also scattered in the story.

Lila is such a strong character and always speaks her mind. My favourite character though is Kell.

The writing was amazing. Everything flowed nicely and there is something about V.E. Schwabs writing that makes the story even more addicting.

I ever read a book like this before so if you are looking for a unique book I highly recommend this!
Maybe a full detailed review will come later because right now I am still trying to gather my thoughts.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment