Sunday, August 6, 2017

Along for the Ride Reveiw

Along for the RideTitle: Along for the Ride
Author: Sarah Dessen
My rating: 4 /5 stars
Date Read: 7/2/17



I really enjoyed this book and this is probably my second favourite Sarah Dessen book unread so far.

This book takes place during summer and we follow the main character Auden as she spends her summer with her father and stepdaughter in a town called Colby. Auden is a straight A student and lives either her mother. Her mom works at a university. Auden's life is very academic based.

I loved the family aspect of the book and how well I thought it played a bigger part of the book than the romance which was a nice change. I really liked Auden's brother Hollis though. Even though he is a minor character he may be my favourite.

The character development I guess was pretty good. I felt like some of the changes the characters went through were realistic.

The world building in my opinion was good. I could visualize Colby clearly in my head. Colby is a town by the beach. A great place to spend the summer in my opinion.

I honestly did not ship the main character with the love interest. In fact I ship none of the characters with any characters except for Maggie and Adam.

Overall I do recommend this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment