Saturday, November 18, 2017

Series I Need to Catch Up on / Unfinished Series

Today's post I will be sharing some of the series I need to finish or catch up on. I tend to be very good at staying up to date on series and I usually finish series pretty quickly but there are some that I still need to catch up on. I won't be inserting images of the books in this post because the format keeps getting messed up.

The first two series are by the same author which are the ACOTAR and the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. For the ACOTAR series I still need to read ACOWAR and I was planning on reading it right after finishing ACOMAF but Lord of Shadows came out right after I finished it and I knew if I read ACOWAR and had Lord of Shadows staring at me I would probably not enjoy it as much so I decided to wait. However many months later I still haven't read it. I have no excuses to why I haven't caught up on the Throne of Glass series. I love all the books I have read in the series so far and Tower of Dawn just came out which means I am falling even farther behind. (I read up to QoS so far.)

Another two series I have to catch up on is also by the same author and that is the Magnus Chase trilogy and the Trials of Apollo series or trilogy. I have read the first book in both of them but I never continued with them. I actually did not plan on finishing the Magnus Chase trilogy since I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book and was very disappointed but I heard the series gets better and I want to give it another chance. I also did read this book while on vacation and wasn't exactly focused while reading it which could contribute to the fact that I was disappointed. When I do continue with the series I will probably reread the first book because I don't really remember what happens and perhaps I will enjoy it more. I did really enjoy the Trials of Apollo the Hidden Oracle but just never continued the series and the second book is now out. I don't really have an excuse to why I haven't read it yet.

The next one is the Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab. I read A Darker Shade of Magic and A Gathering of Shadows this year and they easily both became one of my all time favorite books. I have no idea why I haven't read A Conjuring of Light yet. The only reason I can think of is that I do not want it to end.

Another series or duology to be ashamed of not finishing is the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. To be honest I read Six of Crows when I was in a reading slump and wasn't a huge an of it. I feel like because I forced myself to read it when I wasn't in the mood to read it probably affected how much I enjoyed it. I don't remember anything that happened in SoC so I plan on rereading it soon to be able to finish the duology soon. Hopefully I will enjoy it more the second time around. (technically the first because again, I remember nothing)

A older release series I need to catch up on is the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I thought the first book was okay but I am actually interested to see where the story goes. I heard the series gets better and it continues as well so I do want to pick up the second book in the future. I feel like the series has a lot of potential and I do hope to catch up on it or at least read the second book soon.

Another super popular trilogy that I only read the first book is the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy by Stephanie Perkins. I really enjoyed the first one and this time I actually have a reason why I haven't picked up the sequel yet and that is because I am saving these books for when I have a busier schedule since they are cute and fluffy reads.

And the final series/trilogy is the Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken. I read the Darkest Minds in 2015 or 2016 and liked it, however it didn't blow me away. Now that it is becoming a movie I do want to read the sequel soon in case that one also becomes a movie.

That is it for now. There are other series that I do need to catch up on but these are the ones that I felt like sharing. Let me know if there is a series that should read soon and let me know if you haven't read any of these too because I would love to know that I am not alone. That is it. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment