Saturday, November 25, 2017

Warcross (Spoiler Free) Review

Warcross (Warcross, #1)Title: Warcross
 Author: Marie Lu
Series: Warcross #1
My rating: 4.5/5 stars
Date Read: 10/17/17




Some people compare Warcross to Ready Player One and I honestly didn't like Ready Player One. I did however love Warcross.

Warcross is told in first person and we follow a girl named Emika Chen. She loves the game Warcross and is a bounty hunter, a person who looks for people who do things illegally in the game. Emika is in debt and she makes a risky move and hacks into the Warcross International Championship opening but she accidentally glitches herself in the game. Emika thinks she is going to be arrested but instead she get a call from the creator of the game and is offered a job to spy on the tournament from the inside to uncover a security problem. She then flies to Tokyo and the book is amazing.

I as soon as I started this book I was hooked. I didn't want to put it down. In other words I had to force myself to put the book down.

The characters were great. Emika is a strong character and extremely smart. Asher is probably my favourite character though and I think it is because his last name is Wing and I have a feeling he is a long lost relative of Day from Legend. Do not ask questions I have a long theory and I won't go into details. I also didn't like Hideo. I really thought I would like him as a character but I really didn't like him at all. Hammie though was amazing and she is my second favourite character in this book so far.

The gaming aspect of the book was really good and I really liked it. I am still a bit confused on how the games work though but other than that is was really developed.

This may be a spoiler to some people but I personally do not think this is a spoiler. If you are very sensitive you may want to skip this paragraph and jump to the next one. The romance in this story honestly is the thing that prevented this book from getting 5 stars and from it being on my top 4 favourite books of the year. I didn't like it and I wished it never existed.

If you avoided the last paragraph it is safe to read now. I predicted something that happened in the book and I kind of feel proud of myself.

Overall I highly recommend this book to everyone. It is also a duology for those of you who are curious.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment