Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Discovery of Witches (Non-Spoiler) Review

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)Title: A Discovery of Witches
Author: Deborah Harkness
Series: All Souls Trilogy #1
My rating: 1/5 stars
Date Read: 10/21/17





I finished this book quite fast but it is only because I was reading it during a 24 hour readathon. I absolutely hate DNFing books and I almost DNFed this book many times. I kept telling myself it would get better but honestly it didn't. Also I rarely give books 1 star so this shows how much I had to push myself to finish it.

A Discovery of Witches takes place in world where there Witches, Daemons, Humans, and Vampires living together. We follow the main character Diana who is a witch, and she requests a manuscript called Ashmole 782 for her research. The manuscript has been lost for a long time and it starts to stir the other creatures including Matthew Clairmont, a vampire.

Now I went into this book expecting it to be different than it actually is. I thought this book would be more focused on the mysterious element of the manuscript but it, at least to me, felt more focused on the romance. Now I hated it. I felt like the entire book was describing the romance and I honestly didn't love the romance. I felt like Matthew was overprotective as well.

I thought the author over described many things. Some of these things she described contributed nothing to the plot, and it didn't make me like the character more.

About halfway through I started to skim the book as I just wanted it to end. I was bored and I wanted to DNF it and I should have. I just didn't want to since I kept thinking the book would get better.

Overall I will not be continuing on with this series. I also heard it is becoming a TV show. Maybe I'll give that a chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment