Sunday, October 22, 2017

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Review

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Author: J.K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #4
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Reread: 9/30/17

This review contains unmarked spoilers. I will also recommend reading the entire series before actually reading this review.



Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is my favourite Harry Potter book and movie in the series. I absolutely love this book. I think what makes me love it so much is that it features two other magical schools other than Hogwarts and the Quidditch world cup.

Unlike the movie we start off with Harry staying in Private Drive. (Both start at the riddle house but we are skipping that part. His scar also hurted and he sent a letter to Sirius.) Mrs. Weasley write him a letter inviting him to go the world cup with them. She of course uses many stamps. I wish the movie kept this scene because I loved it. It was so funny and Uncle Vernon's reaction was exactly how I expected to be. They also rescue or retrieved Harry by using Floo power. Of course the fire place had to be blocked and 4 Weasleys were stuck in a fire place. It was hilarious. I loved when Fred and George dropped the tongue taffy for Dudley as well and I felt like he (Dudley) deserved it.

The Quidditch world cup is such an amazing scene. We see so many witched and wizards from all over the world and I loved it. Now thinking about this might be Harry's first Quidditch game he has ever watched because he always plays on the house team. The Malfoys are also there and we meet Winky Mr. Crouch's house elf. Winky is found holding Harry's wand and is released. Unlike Dobby, Winky hates freedom. Speaking of house elves. Hermione starts S.P.E.W which Harry and Ron call spew. I also call it spew since it is easier to say than S.P.E.W. Sorry Hermione. I wish S.P.E.W. made it into the movies and I wish be did get to see Dobby like we did in the books. Yes Dobby is back. I really like Dobby and he is one of my favourite characters in the series. I love Dobby and his socks. I find it funny how Dobby thinks socks are not suppose to match!

The trio will learn when they arrive at Hogwarts that Hogwarts is hosting the Tri-Wizard Tournament. The two other schools that are participating are Durmstrang and Beauxbaton's Academy of Magic. Three champions are chosen by the Goblet of those students age 17+ and the champions were Krum (a famous seeker Ron admires) Fleur, Cedric and Harry. Now the thing I found surprising is that they still allowed Harry to compete. I feel like this is serious matter and they should of used the truth potion on Harry to prove he did not put his name in the Goblet of Fire because many people didn't believe him. At least Dumbledore did. I know that there are strict laws on the potion but it is a serious matter. Even though there was a contract I felt like they should of made an exception. Lets also say that truth potion does not work and that Fred and george tried it and ended up growing beards and never try to fool Dumbledore.

One thing I love about Harry Potter is the small details that make the story more fun and exciting. The little things that we forget about until we reread the book that make you smile. Like at the end when Mrs. Wealsey hugs Harry and comforts him like his own mother would. Yes I did tear up.

Back to the tasks. So we learn that the champions have to pass three dangerous tasks.
1) Dragons
2) The lake/merpeople
3) A maze

Now my favourite task to read about would have to be The Lake task. It was fun reading about. 3/4 of the people meant a lot to Harry which I found surprising. I expected Krum's most missed person not to be Hermione the first time I read it. Also I find it cute that Dobby calls Ron Wheezy.

The Yule ball was also an interesting scene to read about. Ron and his dress robes. LOVE that scene. It is hilarious.

At the end of the book we learn that the Cup is a porkey, Cedric is killed and Voldemort has returned. Moody is not actually Moody but Barty Crouch Jr. and Harry's name was not put into the cup my accident. So much happened at the end that it takes me a lot of time to process.

Harry gives Fred and George his prize money to start their Joke shop and I cannot wait till book 6 when they actually open the shop.

Those are just some of my thoughts and I may add more to this review the third time I read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment