Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Review

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Author: J.K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #1
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Reread: 9/18/17


Do not read this review if you don't want to be spoiled for this book. There will be unmarked spoilers



Hello everyone who HAS read this book. Harry Potter is one of my all time favourite series and I have been wanting to reread it again for awhile. The first book is the book I probably read the most. I think I have read it four times now.

I have a lot to talk about so this will be a long review. Also not in chronological order because I have quite a lot to say.

First of when I saw the first year shopping list I completely forgot that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is actually a textbook. How could I forget that! It must be because of the FBAWTFT movie that threw me off a little. (Amazing movie if you haven't read it yet)

Harry of course doesn't get his letter from Hogwarts till Hagrid gives it to him later. Lets talk about when Harry tries to outsmart his uncle by waking up early and sneaking to the mail box and he steps on Mr. Dursley's face. I literally was laughing a lot. That scene was hilarious. I feel like small moments like these make the story even more amazing than it already is.

Harry meets Draco for the first time in Madam Malkin's and I remember hating Draco as soon as I finished the scene the first time I read the book. Draco was very mean in the first book if you don't remember. He used the leg locker curse on Neville and made fun of Ron's family and even tried to get them expelled by the midnight duel. I honestly wish that the midnight duel actually happened in the movie because I feel like that could of been an epic scene even though there is no fighting. Speaking of fighting, during Harry's a Quidditch match Ron, Neville, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle get in a fight. I completely forgot about this scene. And of course how can we forget that Snape was the refree for one of the games. I remember being like are you kidding me the first time I ever read the book. Now we know the truth though I am kind of glad that Snape did ref the game.

I really loved the last part when the trio wen to go find the stone. I mean Hermione probably saved there life multiple times with the potion and of course the devil snare. It was so funny when Hermione said she didn't have wood to make a fire and Ron had to yell Are you a witch or not. I do wish that the potion scene made it into the movie though because that scene would of been interesting to watch. I guess not putting the scene in there probably made it seem more like Snape was stealing the stone.

In the very beginning Harry over heard Mrs. Wealsey tell give Fred and George a talk about pranks and says that she gets a letter telling her that they exploded a toilet seat (something like that) and one of the twins say we haven't done that yet thanks or the idea mom, I was smiling like an idiot. Now jump to the end. Dumbledore tells Harry when he wakes up that the sweets are from his friends and admirers and the twins tried to send him a toilet seat. I laughed out loud remembering Mrs. Weasley telling them not to do anything like that.

I you had to ask me what my favourite parts of the book are I would have to say the quidditch scenes. Quidditch is just so much fun to read about and they have so much action it it! The other scene would have to be the Christmas scene. It was so much fin to see Harry happy. They (the Weasley's and Harry) a snowball fight and Harry has presets for the first time. Mrs. Weasley even gave Harry a Weasley sweater! I always love that Ron's is Maroon. It is just funny watching him complain.

Overall those are just some of my thoughts on this book. I love this series and would highly recommend rereading it! Trust me it is so much fun to visit the world and characters again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment