Today I will be doing the Super Scary Book Tag. This tag is created by Clever Fox. I am super excited to do this tag! I made a deal with myself that I would only use Harry Potter for 1 question!
1. What goes bump in the night? Name a book that has legitimately scared you while reading it.
The first book that came into my head is the Diviners by Libba Bray. I have only read the first 2 books but I really enjoyed both of them. The third one also recently came out. The Diviners is not scary but it is creepy and I didn't want to put it down.
2. Jack O Lanterns and Classic Costumes: A book you always reach for during Halloween time.
I don't actually read a certain book during the Halloween time but I do reach for a certain genres. I tent to ready mysteries, books with paranormal creatures (including witches), any book with a Halloween vibe.
3. Black Cats and Magic Mirrors: A book you love that is laced with superstition and/or magic.
The first book I thought of is actually A Darker Shade o Magic by V.E. Schwab. I read the first two books in the trilogy this year and both of them are on my all time favourite books ever list. I cannot recommend them enough.
4. Witch’s Brew: Favorite witch character in any book/series.
For this question I chose my favourite Harry Potter character who is Luna Lovegood. I love her personality. Another one of my favourite witch characters will have to be Manon Blackbeak from the Throne of Glass series.
5. Ghouls and Ghosts: A book that still haunts you to this day (good or bad).
No book has ever haunted me. I have read creepy books but they did not really haunt me. I will also say that I do not like most books I read for school since reading it for school takes the fun out of reading so I guess those books kind of haunt me. I always remember them.
6. Haunted Graveyard: You’re all alone in a haunted graveyard, you get ONE book to give you comfort, which is it?
For this question I am going with Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I love this trilogy and even though Clockwork Princess is my favourite in the trilogy I would rather take Clockwork Angel with me because it is the first book. I love the characters and the story and I think it can help me keep my mind off the haunted graveyard.
7. The Undead: Favorite supernatural creatures to read about (i.e. vamps, zombies, werewolves, etc).
Thinking about it I honestly have to say vampires. I actually never read Twilight for your information but I have read other Vampire books that I really enjoyed such as Vampire Academy.
8. In the dead of night: Pick a book with a black cover.
I think I will choose Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Lani Taylor for this question. I haven't read this book yet and in fact I don't really know what it is about. It just seems like a good Halloween read because I heard something about monsters?. Are there monsters in it, I honestly have no idea.
9. Trick or Treat?
I honestly prefer treats. I am also not a prankster.
That is The Super Scary Book Tag. I hope you all enjoyed the post. I don't think I am going to tag anyone but If you want to do feel free to do it!