Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Invictus Review

InvictusTitle: Invictus
Author: Ryan Graudin
My rating: 4/5 stars
Date Read: 12/18/17

Invictus is the first Ryan Graudin book I read and I loved it. I am not a big fan of of time travel books as I didn't enjoy most of the ones that I have read. I actually haven't heard a lot about this book and I don't think a lot of people read it. Definitely an under hyped book.

Invictus is kind of hard to explain without spoiling it but it is best to go into this book without knowing too much but here is a small synopsis. We follow four different characters who are aboard a ship called the Invictus. The main character is Farway and he is born outside of time and is the son of a time traveler. He fails his entrance exam into the governments program and ends up taking a job in the black market stealing valuables from the past.

This book is very unique or at least I found it very different from the other books I have read in the past. Maybe it is because I am not a fan of time travel books and don't read them often.

I absolutely love the characters. I love how all the characters are close and work so well together. All of them are unique and have there own special talent. Imogen (I think) has a pet red panda. I repeat pet red panda. That made the book twenty times better. I also really liked Imogen. Gram is one of my favourites in this book for some reason. I think it is because he can solve Rubik's cubes. For those of you who never tried to solve a Rubik's cube, they are extremely hard to solve. About three years ago I finally learned to solve it and now it is very easy and I can solve it under 3 minutes. I never read a book with a character that also liked to solve Rubik's cubes so I found that very unique.

The missions were very interesting. I would say that I enjoyed both halves of the book, though I did like the second half a lot more. I found the very beginning of the books slow and a bit confusing. It took me a couple chapters to fully understand the world and how everything works but once I understood it I fell in love with the story. The time travel element is so cool and the other thing that I can not say due to spoilers is amazing.

Overall I do recommend this book and more people need to read it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment