Sunday, December 10, 2017

Night Film Review

Night FilmTitle:Night Film
Author: Marisha Pessl
My rating: 3.5/5 stars
Date Read: 11/5/17


I really enjoyed most of the book meaning the middle of it. I didn't enjoy the beginning or the end which is weird since I usually enjoy the ending of books.

Night Film is a thriller novel and we follow investigative journalist Scott McGrath and he investigates the suicide of Ashley Cordova. He does not think it is a suicide. Ashley is the daughter of Stanislas Cordova a film director known for his horror films. He hasn't been seen in public for a very long time.

This book was interesting and I really enjoyed it. This book is long and it is almost 600 pages. Since Tome Topple is starting soon it is a perfect time to pick it up. I will say this book is not for everyone. It is a slow read and it is a dense book. I had to read more slowly than usually to understand what was happening which is also why it took a long time for me to read.

Night Film is also my first adult thriller book. Maybe even my first thriller. This book in other words is completely out of my comfort zone. I didn't know whether I would like it or not though I heard good things about it. I feel like I could of enjoyed it more if it wasn't the first adult thriller book I read. I don't think this book is a good place to start if I were to be honest.

I loved the mixed media parts of the story it added a lot to it. Note that not the entire book is told in mixed media format, but some part were, like when McGrath visits a website we will see the website and it also features some photographs which I feel like add more to the story.

Overall I do recommend this book. If you are a scaredy cat like me I think you this book is still okay to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment