Thursday, December 21, 2017

Shatter Me Spoiler Free Review

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #1
My rating: 2.5/ 5 stars
Date Read: 12/9/17

I want to give this book 2 or 3 stars but can't decide which so I will give it 2.5 stars for now.

I really enjoyed Shatter Me but I absolutely hated it at the same time. It is so hard to explain but I will do my best.

First off the writing style is not for everyone. I heard the author's writing style was very poetic but I did not expect it be be that poetic. She used a lot of metaphors and had crossed out text and some parts felt like I was reading a poem. At first I didn't really like the writing, but as the story continued I actually came to tolerate it and by the end of the story, I actually found myself enjoying it which was surprising since I usually don't like books that are written with that particular writing style.

My biggest problem was that I hated almost all the characters. I hated Adam, Juliette, AND Warner. Yes I heard Warner is amazing and I honestly didn't like him at all. First Adam felt to overprotective of Juliette and Juliette I thought was too needy at times. I mean Juliette has her strong moments but sometimes I thought she was a weak character. Warner is a creep. I do like him slightly more than Adam for some reason but honestly I don't like both of of the love interests. Yep, our good friend that we hate in most books is back, LOVE TRIANGLE. I honestly don't mind love triangles if they are done right but this love triangle I don't like and I will explain later. The only characters I really liked was Kenji. He is hardly in this book till like the last forth which is really disappointing because is is definitely my favorite character. James is also an okay character. I liked him but I didn't love him. He is defiantly better than the main 3 characters though.

Despite hating all three main character, I found myself interested in the story. I mean yes it is predictable and I did manage to predict certain things however I still wanted to know what would happen and I also wanted to know if my predictions were correct. I mean many things that happened in the story I wasn't a fan of but for some reason it was very entertaining. I don't know why I want to continue with the series but I do. Is that a good thing I don't know.

Shatter Me is a dystopia and back in 2014 is what I really loved reading. Now I am not a huge fan of dystopias but I do still enjoy them. I feel like if I read it a few years ago I would of probably enjoyed it more than I did now, but I still am very glad I read it and will be giving the second book a chance.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

The thing I absolutely hated is that Juliette can touch both Adam and Warner the two love interests. Very convenient in my opinion, in fact too convenient. The story could of been so much better and interesting if Juliette could not touch both of them like she cannot touch anyone else I mean what makes those two special 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment