Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Upside of Unrequited Review

The Upside of UnrequitedTitle: The Upside of Unrequited
Author:Becky Albertalli
My rating: 4 /5 stars
Date Read:12/13/17
I read Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda in very early this year and loved it. When I heard Becky Albertalli was coming out with a new book I had to read it and I finally picked it up and I really enjoyed it. I didn't like it as much as Simon but I still liked it. Also I do recommend reading Simon before this book because there is a character from Simon that appears in The Upside of Unrequited unless it is just a coincidence that a character has the same first and last name.

The Upside of Unrequited has a lot of diversity in it. I won't be listing everything but I will talk about some of the diversity elements that the book contains. First off the main character has two moms. I have never read a book that any character has two moms. The main characters family is Jewish as well. Some more of the representation will be mentioned later in this review.

The main character in this book is Molly. Molly is very close to her twin sister Cassie. They share everything together. Yes we have siblings who are literally best friends in this book and it plays a very important role in this book. I am actually an only child so I don't exactly have a relationship with siblings because I obviously don't have any but I still love this element of the story. Molly had 26 crushes in her lifetime but she never told a single one of her crushes that she likes him.

Molly is also insecure about her body as she is fat. She also has/had anxiety and takes medication for it. I like how this book doesn't shy away from it. One thing I also appreciated is that the characters are realistic and very believable.

A better review of this books is Cece from ProblemsOfaBookNerd so here is the link to her review if you would like to read this. She also has the list of the representation. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Overall I did really enjoy this book and highly recommend it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment